• June 14, 2018

Kajetánka park in Prague

Kajetánka park in Prague

1024 508 Segwayfun.eu

Kajetánka is a Prague homestead in Prague-Břevnov, originally a court, later a monastery. At present, the dilapidated premises are under extensive reconstruction into a housing estate.
The original court with a vineyard was owned by the House of Martinic. Bernard Ignác of Martinic had a smaller monastery building constructed and donated it to the Order of Theatins, also called Kajetans. The monastery also comprised a cylindrical chapel and a small church built according to the Bavarian Pilgrimage Church of the Virgin Mary in Alt Oetting. Kajetánka was rebuilt into a small château by its then owner.