The park in Letná is the second largest park in Prague 7. A public park was founded there at the second half of the 19th century according to the design by B. Wünscher and J. Braul. The name was derived from the word Leteň, which means “Sunny Hill”. Letná Park is the largest non-built-up green area in Prague, where people can spend their free time doing sport, taking a walk or having a picnic. Letná Park provides an enchanting view of the Vltava River and the city. Thanks to a footbridge over Chotek Street, Chotek Park and Prague Castle are easily accessible from Letná Park. Due to its strategic position the plain of Letná and its adjacent slopes always served as a gathering place and campsite of armies. It also hosted various celebrations, such as the coronation of Ottokar II of Bohemia. In 1950’s, however, people went to Letná to see the so-called “queue for meat” – a monument of the dictator J. V. Stalin, which, due to its height of 65 metres, was the second largest monument of this kind in Europe. From the monument there is a wide staircase leading down to the Vltava embankment. You can go on over Čech Bridge and go along Pařížská Street to reach the Old Town’s Square.